Whanganui Youth Committee is recruiting now! This is a great experience for young people who want to represent other young people and make a difference on the issues they care about.
There are a number of vacancies this year in the 14-strong committee.
The Youth Committee’s work includes:
- Representing young people in the Whanganui District
- Promoting opportunities for young people in Whanganui
- Advising the council on matters relating to young people
- Providing opportunities for young people to contribute to council decision-making
- Developing policy on youth issues.
The committee holds a formal meeting every six weeks, as well as project work to complete between meetings.
Recruiting closes 27th February.