Support available for rural communities

We wanted to remind you about the support available for rural communities, including farmers and lifestyle block owners. A Recovery Coordination team has been set up to collect and collate offers of assistance and match these to clean up and recovery needs of flood affected farms.

You can offer volunteer assistance or supplies at, or a request for a call back from the Recovery Coordination Team at
Also can use these contacts for access by phone:
Animal welfare concerns
Animal welfare concerns can be logged with the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) on 0800 008 333.
Feed support
Need help sourcing supplementary feed, grazing, or to complete a feed plan? Call 0800 FARMING (0800 327 646).
Rural Support Trust
The flooding was classified as a medium-scale event, unlocking extra funding for wellbeing support. Farmers who need wellbeing support should call the Rural Support Trust on 0800 RURAL HELP or 0800 787 254.
Take care of yourselves and keep an eye on loved ones for signs of stress. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.